- This event has passed.
10 Days of Twitter: Beginner’s Online Course
18th January 2016 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Learn the basics of Twitter by completing 1 short online activity per day, for 10 days and join the global network of researchers who already use it (http://www.nature.com/news/online-collaboration-scientists-and-the-social-network-1.15711)
Tasks will cover:
- the basics – how to set up an account, follow people and send tweets
- the conventions (@, #, RT, etc.)
- etiquette and social conventions
- the plethora of ‘apps’ or third party tools to add on
- strategies for tweeting effectively and building a network
Target audience: GSLS PhD students and post-docs
Duration: 1 short task on Twitter every weekday for 2 weeks.
Number of sessions: 1
|Mon 18 Jan||09:00 – 17:00||Isla Kuhn|
Format: This course is online. You will follow a blog with guidance, instructions and an explanation of your daily Twitter task
Aims: By the end of this course you will be confident in using Twitter and understand its value for professional networking.
System requirements: Access to the internet
Notes: For further information please contact Dr Charlotte Carroll (firstname.lastname@example.org)