- This event has passed.
EBI-Sanger-Cambridge PhD Symposium (eSCAMPS)
18th February 2015Free
Registration and abstract submission is now open.
Free one day conference for postgraduate students with an interest in biological and medical research to present their research, discuss current issues and hear talks from world-leading scientists.
There are five fantastic keynote speakers:
• Prof Dame Nancy Rothwell, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Manchester
• Prof David Colquhoun, Emeritus Professor of Pharmacology at University College London
• Prof Tony Kouzarides, Deputy Director of the Gurdon Institute
• Prof Simon Tavaré, Director of the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute
• Dr Helen Lee, Director of Research in the Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
The programme for the day will also include an expert panel discussion on reproducible research, student talks, student poster presentations, and several breaks for discussion and networking over complimentary lunch and refreshments!
We are currently seeking abstracts for student posters and two types of student talk: a ‘long form’ 10 minute presentation and a ‘short form’ 5 minute presentation. The short form talk is inspired by the Three Minute Thesis competition. Prizes will be awarded for the best long and the best short student talks, as well as the most popular poster. All student speakers will be invited to attend the conference dinner with the organisers and keynote speakers.
Please visit the website for more information and free registration. The deadline for abstract submission is December 19th.