- This event has passed.
Postdoc Masterclass: “Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) – from data acquisition to results interpretation”
18th March 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
The Masterclass is a series of lecture/discussion forum presented by postdocs that provides unique opportunities for researchers/students in the biological sciences to:
• Share and discuss current hot topics in research fields.
• Present and discuss new cutting edge techniques, skills and tools being used in laboratories.
• Get together and discuss possible collaborations between and across laboratories.
• Learn about less familiar subject areas.
• Network and make friends across laboratories and departments.
• Promote university facilities and resources.
• With free pizza, beer, and wine
All (students, P.I.s, technicians etc.) are welcome!
Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) – from data acquisition to results interpretation
Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) is widely used to study dynamics of proteins and protein complexes in living cells. In this Masterclass, I will start by giving an overview of the FRAP technique. Then, I will discuss the technical considerations involved in FRAP experiments, common approaches to interpret the results, and available tests to validate the interpretations. Finally, I will demonstrate examples of how FRAP was used to investigate protein dynamics in a range of biological systems.