- This event has passed.
Public Engagement: Your Research Message
27th January 2015 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
“Your research message” will explore how research ideas can be translated and discussed in the public domain, using storytelling as one tool for organising a structured research narrative.
Target audience: Research Staff and PhD students
Duration: 2.5 hours
Number of sessions: 1
|Tue 27 Jan||14:00 – 16:30||17 Mill Lane, Seminar Room E||Marion Leeper|
Format: Participative workshop for 25 combining practical group and individual activities as preparation for face-to-face or media communication.
- To increase the impact of research by stimulating and listening to public debate
- To identify practical ways for developing a research message
- To develop and shape a research narrative
- To hear other people’s research ideas and assess how they present them
- To use communication skills effectively – voice, gesture, eye contact: telling and listening
Marion Leeper grew up in a family of actors, raconteurs, tellers of tall tales and downright liars. She has been listening to and telling stories (true and less true) for longer than she can remember. She has worked with young children for many years as a teacher and storyteller, and for adults performs solo shows and has appeared with Cambridge Storytellers. Based in Cambridge, Marion presents shows, workshops and school assemblies for adults and children of all ages